Materials and tools
- Hand-Printed Fika Mugs template
- Plain white paper
- Masking tape or painter’s tape
- Plain white porcelain mugs
- Fine-tipped Pebeo Porcelaine 150 China paint pen in Anthracite black
How to make your own hand-printed fika mugs
- Use a pencil to trace the backward designs from the mug template onto a sheet of paper. Trace one set of designs for each mug you want to make, leaving several inches of blank space between sets. Use the scissors to cut out each set. There’s no need to be detailed; just cut a rectangle around each word and flower combination. You can use the same design on each mug, or mix and match the flowers and text to create a whole set of unique dishes.
Read other related creative articles:
- Make your own tiny clay star wall hanging
- Make a Scandinavian Lucia evergreen table wreath
- Create a winter paper leaf and berry bough
*(c)2016 By Melissa Bahen. All rights reserved. Excerpted from Scandinavian Gatherings; From Afternoon Fika to Midsummer Feast 70 SIMPLE RECIPES & CRAFTS FOR EVERYDAY CELEBRATIONS
: 70 Simple Recipes and Crafts for Everyday Celebrations by permission of Sasquatch Books.