Make a papercut flower burst design for your home
Create shade, colour and shape with a few simple cuts of paper placed on top of a colourful background.
Simple techniques are the most effective: use the template to cut the marks on the flower burst, then position over the blue and yellow graphic circle and you have a work of art.
Make it unique by painting or printing your own background, so your favourite colours can show through.
There are three methods to try, each of which creates a subtly different effect.
Read on to discover the steps for each style or click the link below to download the templates.
Find more articles related to creating:
- Get creative with this watercolour botanicals project
- Try mindful embroidery with this winter solstice pattern template
- Learn how to do brush pen calligraphy
How to make your own papercut flowers step by step
- Using a sharp craft knife and self-healing mat, cut carefully around the petals.
- Take a scoring board and bone folder and score a line halfway down each petal.
- Lift up the petals and gently using your fingertips to add dimension.
Partially cut flower
- Partially cut out a third of the petals. Cut along each side of the petal leaving the tip.
- Fully cut around the remaining petals on the sheet. Lift up the edges using your fingertips.
- Roll the fully cut petals around a pencil to achieve a rounded effect.
Rolled flower petals
- Take a sharp craft knife and cut around all of the petals.
- Roll the petals around a pencil or knitting needle to achieve a rounded effect.
- Using your fingertips, gently lift up all of the petals for a 3D effect.
Click here to download your free papercut flower templates
Find your latest craft project with Gathered.