These gorgeous crepe paper flowers look so realistic, but you won’t have to remember to water them!
First, download the template here.
Lia says you can get natural-looking petals by gently stretching each petal from the centre outwards using your thumbs.
To make these anemones, you will need:
- Red, black and green crepe paper
- A foam ball for the flower centre (you can also use a balled-up scrap of paper)
- Glue gun
- Wire for the stems
- Green floral tape
How to make paper anemones
- Gather your materials.
- Cut out the crepe shapes using the templates.
- Curl the ends of the wires, then create a hole in each foam ball. Apply glue to the curled ends with a glue gun and insert into the foam balls.
- Cover the foam with black crepe paper and glue into place.
- Wrap the fringed piece of crepe under the ball and glue down.
- Gently pull the centres of the petals to shape them.
- Glue the first three petals around the centre.
- Overlap the next three petals around the first petal layer and glue them in place.
- Glue the three leaves around the base of the flower.
- Wrap the base of the flower and the wire with some green floral tape.
You can find more patterns on liagriffith.com.