Make Zoë Patching’s stunning stitched paper leaf pictures to hang up on your wall. You don’t need to be an experienced crafter to create this stylish paper leaf design for your home. Our friends at Papercraft Inspirations magazine have shared one of their fave projects for you to try, designed by Zoe Patching.
Zoë has used a glorious mixture of botanical print papers and crisp leaf templates to create a design which includes simple stitch details adding a wonderfully textural finish. We have leaf templates to get you started or why not pop out to the garden and collect some interesting leaves and create your own unique shapes? Choose a palette of subtle shades to blend in with your home’s décor and create a design that you can proudly display all year round. Above all, have fun and see what you can create!
Find more creative projects to try:
- Make your own paper flower burst design
- Create a paper leaf and berry bough
- Make a homemade gem planter
You will need:
- White card
- Pink paper Patterned paper
- Painted wooden 24x24cm frame
- Needle & white embroidery thread
- Craft foam
- Leaf templates
How to make your stitched paper leaf wall art
- Cut out the templates. Trace around the leaves on your chosen patterned paper, positioning the leaf over the most interesting part of the design before cutting it out.
- Trim craft foam to fit the frame and cover with the backing paper. Arrange the leaves on the paper. Take an embroidery needle and pierce along the centre of each leaf.
- Thread the needle and knot the end of the thread. Sew all of the leaves onto the backing paper using backstitch, lining up the perforations on the leaf and the backing paper.