Get a taste of summer with this refreshing chai spiced smoothie bowl recipe from NanaBowls.
Think thick, cold, creamy, indulgent and crunchy all in one with a perfect balance of warming spices! This smoothie bowl has absolutely no dairy, gluten or added sugars (not even dates or honey), so it’s safe for all you yogis and health gurus. It’s 100% natural, nutritious and delicious!
Check out more summer recipes:
- 2 frozen bananas (peeled and chopped)
- 20g plant-based protein powder (we use sprouted brown rice, hemp or pea)
- Splash of coconut milk (about 50ml)
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter (cashew or almond)
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
Blend all the ingredients together using a top loading, high-power blender. Mix using your blender plunger until a thick, smooth and creamy texture forms. Feel free to add extra coconut milk for the desired consistency.
Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings – we love a sprinkle of bee pollen, fresh banana slices, crunchy roasted peanuts, shelled hemp seeds and lots of toasted coconut chips!
So #GrabASpoon and enjoy!
Find NanaBowls on Instagram @Nanabowls and on Facebook.