This delicious recipe is inspired by the Indian tradition of Ayurveda and was created by Jody Vassallo, a yoga teacher, recipe writer and author.
In the Ayurvedic tradition, it’s believed that everyone has a personality type or dosha, and that you should eat according to your dosha. This recipe is recommended for pitta doshas.
Regardless of whether you follow Ayurveda or not, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
- Almond meal 50g
- Coconut flour 60g
- Desiccated coconut 2 tbsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Eggs 5
- Rosewater 1 tbsp
- Extra virgin coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Coconut milk or water 625ml
- Pure maple syrup 2 tbsp, plus extra to drizzle
For the topping
- Cherries 200g, pitted and halved
- Mixed fresh berries 200g
This recipe comes from The Yogic Kitchen by Jody Vassallo, published by HQ (£16.99), which goes on sale on 2 May 2019.