Feeling low and anxious?
Life is full of ups and downs, things don’t always go to plan and we are most likely to suffer from low mood when we are under stress. This emotional position gives us a lower capacity to cope with the everyday problems we might otherwise be able to take in our stride and is the reason that anxiety can often accompany episodes of low mood.
Perhaps you notice that you’re feeling weepy or over-emotional more than you previously did, or maybe you have a great deal on your plate and sometimes it seems as if you can’t cope the way you normally do. Your feelings of low mood or anxiety cause you to avoid certain situations, and occasionally you find yourself making excuses to avoid social engagements you would usually enjoy.
5 tips to help lift your low mood
- Avoid nicotine, alcohol & caffeine and focus on eating well, but sensibly and drinking plenty of good plain water.
- Get moving! Exercise gets the blood going and produces ‘feel good’ chemicals called endorphins that can help to lift your mood and make you feel happier.
- Agree once in a while… everyone is entitled to an opinion but life shouldn’t be a constant battlefield. There is much to be gain by avoiding conflict.
- Accept what you cannot change. ‘See strength to accept the things I cannot change, encourage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference’.
- Take a helping hand from the sunshine herb. Hypericum is a lovely remedy to turn to for help if your mood is low. If you are left feeling miserable or unhappy, nervous or less confident than usual, help find a brighter place with a herbal remedy such as A.Vogel Hyperiforce St John’s Wort tablets a try? Hyperiforce is a traditional herbal medicinal product used to relieve the symptoms of slightly low mood and mild anxiety, exclusively based upon long-standing use as a traditional remedy.
Hyperiforce contains the herb Hypericum, also known as St John’s Wort. It cannot be taken with other conventional medication including hormonal contraceptives, so always read the leaflet before taking it.
A.Vogel Hyperiforce St John’s Wort tablets RRP £11.99, available from independent health stores nationwide. For further information call the A.Vogel Helpline on 0845 608 5858 or visit www.avogel.co.uk