These beautiful crispy croquetas are best served with a Brazilian-inspired smoked paprika dip.
Make them as a tasty starter or a side dish with tapas!
Check out more healthy recipes:
- Tenderstem, pancetta and goat’s cheese salad recipe
- Spiced chai smoothie bowl recipe
- Wholefood summer salad recipes you’ll love
Makes 16 croquetas
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 60g manchego cheese, grated
- 30g parmesan, grated
- 3 Pink Lady apples, grated and squeezed
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 10 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 100g panko breadcrumbs
Smoked paprika dip:
- 10 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- Bake the potatoes in the oven or in a microwave until cooked through. Scrape out the centres and mash.
- Combine the manchego cheese, parmesan, Pink Lady apples and salt with the mashed potatoes.
- Form the mixture into 16 balls. Roll the balls in plain four, dip them into whisked egg and then finish by rolling them in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a deep pan with enough olive oil to cover the croquetas. Add the croquetas to the hot oil and fry on a medium heat until golden brown and warmed on the inside.
- Combine the yogurt, smoked paprika and sea salt to make the dip. Drain the croquetas on kitchen roll, place in bowl with a wedge of lemon and sprinkle with a few fresh herbs. Serve as a snack or entrée with the delicious smoked paprika dip.