For a long time this has been my go-to for a New Year’s Day brunch. Given the probable lateness of the night before, you might not feel like juicing all the fruit, particularly if you’re doubling up and making it for a crowd, so it’s fine to use a high-quality chilled ready-squeezed juice (not made from concentrate).
I personally like to add a dash of Grand Marnier, which deepens the flavour without making it particularly alcoholic, but you can use an alcohol-free triple sec syrup like Monin, too.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice 500ml
- Freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice 300ml
- Homemade or real lemonade 500ml
- Monin, Triple Sec Curacao syrup or orange-flavoured liqueur 30ml, optional
- Orange, lemon and pink grapefruit slices to garnish
This recipe is from How to Drink Without Drinking by Fiona Beckett. Published by Kyle Books. Photography: Nassima Rothacker.