These snack bars are ready in minutes and make a filling mid-morning pick-me-up that should prevent you diving into the biscuit tin. Figs, nuts and seeds give texture and taste – simple but totally moreish.
- 200g (7oz) soft dried figs
- 100g (3½oz) unsweetened crunchy peanut butter
- 40g (1½oz) sunflower seeds
- 40g (1½oz) pumpkin seeds
- 40g (1½oz) wholemeal plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- Remove the tough stalky part at the top of each fig. Place the figs in a food processor, add all the other ingredients and pulse until you have a mixture with the texture of fine crumbs. Press the crumbs firmly together to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a worktop to a thickness of about 1cm (½ inch) – a rectangle about 18 x 15cm (7 x 6 inches) is perfect. If there are cracks, press the dough more firmly. Cut into 12 slices. Store in the refrigerator and eat within 7 days.
Recipe reproduced with permission from Simply Sugar Free by Susanna Booth (Hamlyn, £9.99).
Try these related healthy recipes: