From crowded commutes to never-ending to-do lists, life can feel pretty hectic sometimes. That’s why it’s important to take little moments for yourself throughout the day, for the benefit of both your mind and body. Even something as simple as making a cup of tea, taking a deep breath or enjoying a Ricola herbal sweet can give you a moment of blissful calm.
As a Swiss herb specialist, Ricola naturally understands the power of plants when it comes to encouraging wellness. That’s why each delicious sweet includes a unique blend of 13 herbs, such as mallow and thyme, all naturally grown in fresh mountain air and cultivated without fertilisers or pesticides. Ricola sweets are produced with ethical principles and are free from sugar, and use only natural colours and flavours, so discover for yourself how they can help you achieve a wonderful sense of wellbeing.
Available in an award-winning range of flavours including mellow Elderflower and zesty LemonMint, Ricola sweets can be found in the confectionery aisle in selected Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Holland & Barrett and WHSmith stores, as well as online at Ocado.
Take a breath
When you are in need of a moment of calm, try these quick and easy calming breathing tips.
- Stand or sit in a place and position that is comfortable for you.
- Place one hand on your chest and the other on your belly.
- Relax your shoulders down.
- As you take a deep breath in, aim to expand your belly rather than your chest.
- Breathe out through your mouth. Relax your jaw and shoulders.
- Take a deep breath in again, focusing on pushing out your belly, keeping your chest flat and keeping everything nice and relaxed.
- Keep going for a few more breaths and notice how different you feel in body and mind.
For more wellbeing tips, visit Ricola.com